Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Little Quirks

     Lily has a curious and wonderful habit of putting her hands to her face to make herself fall asleep. It started maybe just a little bit before my mom came to visit in March. I kind of feel like I hit the sleep jackpot with her. When she was younger it was a chore to get her to go to sleep. I mean a chore. I had to walk her to sleep every single night and more than a few nights there were tears. Mine. I'm telling you I did everything wrong. Everything sleep experts tell you not to do, (walk/rock them to sleep etc.) and then one day she just put herself to sleep and has ever since. Lily is a heavy baby. She was over 23 pounds (10,6 kilo) at 6 months old, who knows how big she is now! And I had visions of walking her to sleep as a ten-year-old. But then she just up and gave mama's back a big ol' present. Now the girl sleeps from 5:30 or 6 pm til 5:30 or 6 am waking only once to eat. Pretty lucky.
     And secondly a little while ago she started doing the cutest thing. Watch this...


It is such a joy seeing her little personality develop. I could go on and on but I'll just leave it at that. Happy Wednesday, all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment